- Jorge Santiago Barnés: Director.
- Fernando Nieto Lobato: Deputy director.
- Pablo Martín Diez: Academic coordinator of the face-to-face version of the M.A.
- Miguel Ángel Lucas Postigo: Academic coordinator of the executive version.
The M.A. is intended for:
Students with an interest in governability and strengthening political institutions, and anyone interested in the professions of consultancy, communication and political marketing.
- To train specialist consultants and advisors in the communication of political messages in the media.
- To prepare experts in the specific techniques of political image in various scenarios.
- To teach specialist skills in the techniques needed for strategic and day-to-day work with political leaders.
- To give an overall view of political activity in today’s social context.
- To teach research methods and analysis skills of the current social and political realities.
- To acquaint students with the latest techniques in political marketing and management of election campaigns.
- Fridays from 10.00 to 14.00 and from 16.00 to 20.00
- Saturdays from 10.00 to 14.00
During the week, there will be various complementary activities, including tutorials, seminars and courses.
Lectures will take place on the Ferraz site of Camilo José Cela University, in the centre of Madrid. Practical sessions will be held in the modern television and radio studios of the university’s Mar de Cristal campus.
- Face-to-face version: 11,900 euros (includes travel and accommodation expenses of international stays)
- Executive version: 7,900 euros (includes accommodation during visits to Madrid)
The M.A. programme is based on a practical methodology, consisting of lectures, backed up by seminars and conferences related to the contents of the course. Students will have to hand in Individual practical papers and be able to use new technologies, such as the Blackboard platform and Intranet.
One of the strong points of this degree is that, under the direction of course directors, students will undertake real, dynamic work projects and will present an end-of-course project on an election campaign to an examination tribunal. To obtain the M.A., students must hand in all their assignment papers. These will be assessed, with greater specific weight being given to the individual work project each one must present, in which they have to show adequate knowledge of the contents of the programme imparted in the modules, seminars and workshops held throughout the whole of the course.
To involve and motivate students, we apply the concept of gamification to the work projects assigned: students play the roles of political leaders and consultants, design their own election campaigns and compete among themselves to win the election.
The practical assignments carried out by students will be supervised in tutorials.
At the end of the M.A. course, students will be able to do professional internships in political consultancy firms of international renown. The order of the placement list for internships will be decided in accordance with the results obtained by the students in their final assessment.
Students obtaining the M.A. will be well placed to do the following jobs:
- Political consultant
- Image consultant
- Chief/Director of Communication and/or Image
- Press officer of a political leader or party
- Election campaign manager
- Election strategist
- Political journalist
The main professional outlets are:
- Civil service
- Political parties
- Government institutions
- International bodies
- Consultancy firms
If you need more information on any aspect of the M.A., please write, without any obligation, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be glad to reply.