Linking university training, research and political consultancy is the main characteristic of the International Centre for Governance and Political Marketing as far as the Latin American university scene is concerned. CIGMAP refuses to accept that research carried out by universities should be confined to lecture halls and university publications. From the moment it was set up, CIGMAP was determined to have an influence on the achievement of quality democratic governance. The way in which that influence is exerted is what differentiates CIGMAP from the think tanks currently in vogue. CIGMAP seeks not only to publish studies that might be useful in the elaboration of public policies or opposition strategies. What it tries to do is to create a direct channel of communication between its network of experts and the main political and social agents, that is to say, political parties, international bodies, leaders, candidates, pressure groups and socially orientated businesses. The research produced by CIGMAP’s academic and professional community is designed, therefore, to contribute to the better functioning of democracy, through constant dialogue with the real world of politics.
In this way, with its political consultancy and advisory work, CIGMAP is making a new and significant contribution to relations between the world of academics, politics and civil society.
CIGMAP provides top quality consultancy services, thanks to the prestige of its members, who include:
- Former prime ministers, ministers, chiefs of prime ministerial media departments, institutional and international leaders.
- Political advisors, business analysts, security and defence advisors.
- Academics from some of the best universities in Europe, the United States and Latin America.
CIGMAP offers consultancy services in all areas covered by its academic programmes:
- The study of political systems: comparative analysis of different systems, qualitative analysis of political and election situations and electoral behaviour,
- Election campaign advice: thanks to its wide range of experts, CIGMAP offers advice on a wide range of subjects, including the drawing up of campaign strategies, specific campaign actions and advice to candidates.
- Government communication consultancy: advice on devising government strategies, government communications, political marketing, and crisis management….
- Media training: we coach candidates, or any other person, whose job involves facing the media.
- Training for speaking in public: we coach people in the use of body language, in techniques such as storytelling to reach an audience, and in the interpretation of persuasive and structured speeches.
- Negotiation consulting: we devise strategies for negotiation, either in the conduct of one’s own negotiation or how to mediate in blocked negotiations.
- Political marketing: we assess and improve the image of a political party, a candidate or an institution.
- Crisis prevention and crisis management: we develop programmes to avoid crises and action protocols in cases in which conflict breaks out. CIGMAP also advises institutions on full crisis management.
- Corporate communications consulting: we can structure, reform or guide a company’s communications strategy and advise its directors.
- Image consulting: we do consultancy in the public image of an individual and personal branding.
- International relations consulting: we advise companies and institutions on international relations.